Who We Are
Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU) is an alliance of grassroot organizations that supports community driven action on SRHR, HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) and other health issues in Uganda. Membership include National CSOs, grassroot organizations, CBOs, networks and PLHIV groups.
The Alliance began working in Uganda in 2005 through a Country Office and was registered in 2010 as a company limited by guarantee by the Registrar of Companies and re-branded as Community Health Alliance Uganda..
The organization is governed by the Board, and Senoir Management Team (SMT) and leadership headed by the Executive Director; and competent human resource. The organization boasts of robust financial, Human Resource, program and M&E systems.
To date, with funding from USAID, DFID, DANIDA, SIDA, the EU and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, CHAU has attained a track record of successfully managing and implementing several programmes that reach the poorest ,most vulnerable and marginalised communities.
CHAUs unique model champions the sub- county as the basic service delivery unit and brokers parrtnership between respective communities and service providers promoting social accountability. benefits of belonging to the Alliance family include; Technical, financial monitoring and Evaluation,policy and advocacy and community systems strengthening.
In conformity with its vision and mission statements, CHAU is guided by the following principles:
- Alignment to Global and National Priorities: CHAU will prioritize the actions that aim at reducing child mortality; improve maternal health and halt and reverse HIV incidence and reverse spread of malaria and tuberculosis. CHAU will further identify those actions that promote integration of health services.
- Evidence-based programming: Efforts will be made to capture and utilize information in the implementation of identified strategies. This will ensure that CHAU focuses on realizing its targets as well as adopting cost-effective resource utilization strategies.
- Human rights and equality: CHAU will promote and protect the human rights of every citizen in its implementation of the strategy. This will be achieved, among other things, by supporting capacity building of duty-bearers/service providers to meet their obligations and/or of rights-holders to claim their rights.
- Efficency and effectiveness in program delivery
- Gender Responsiveness and Transformative Approaches
Our Vision: Healthy and Productive Communities in Uganda
Our Mission: To promote and support integrated health servcies, community system strengthening and health rights in Uganda
Goal: To contribute to the empowerment of the most vulnerable communities in delievering sustainable quality health services in Uganda